Coconut Tahini Pistachio Granola
This coconut tahini pistachio granola is so easy to make. It's incredible for breakfast, snacks or dessert. It's super clumpy and packed full of delicious nutty flavour!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats (350g)
- 1 cup coconut flakes (65g)
- 1/3 cup pistachios roughly chopped (50g)
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped (60g)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds/almond flour (60g)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup tahini (60g)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey (120ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup dried cherries (90g)
Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine oats, coconut, chopped pistachios, chopped pecans, ground almonds and salt in a large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, gently whisk together the coconut oil, tahini, maple syrup and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly until everything is well coated.
Whisk the egg white in a small bowl until very frothy. Add this to the other ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
Spread the mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and carefully flip the granola over in 'sheets' using a large turner, trying not to disturb the clumps too much. Pat the granola back down again. Flip the tray from front to back and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes until crisp and lightly golden. Take care not to burn the granola.
Remove from oven and leave to cool. Break the granola into clumps and toss with the dried cherries. Store in an airtight container like a glass jar for 2 weeks.
- Feel free to change the nuts and dried fruit according to your preference.
- You can use any mild oil in place of the coconut oil.
- Use any nut butter you like but tahini is delicious!
- Try substituting the egg white for 1/4 cup/60ml of aquafaba for a vegan option. Follow the recipe as directed. I haven't tested this option so if you try it, let me know!